The CSS profile is usually required by private colleges and universities. This application, in addition to the FAFSA/CADAA, will help determine student eligibility for additional institutional aid such as, grants, loans and scholarships.
If required by college or university, student will complete the CSS Profile during their senior year.
Application opens October 1st. Deadline varies by institution- be sure to check with each school you are applying to for specific deadline.
What Do I Need To Complete the CSS Profile?
- College Board Account
- Most recently completed tax returns
- W-2 and other records of current year income
- Records of untaxed income and benefits, assets, and bank statements
- Form of Payment (Credit or Debit Card). The initial application fee is $25 and $16 for additional reports (each school=1 report). Fee waivers available!*
- Information on both parents may be required even if divorced or separated, it will vary by school. (Waiver for Noncustodial parent available)
1. Gather Documents Needed
2. Sign In to you College Board account, if you have one. If not, create a new account.
3. Start the Application
4. Submit the Application
5. Review your Dashboard- Dashboard includes payment receipts and any next steps. You may also add additional schools.
* Your application does not have to be completed all at once. You can save your progress and return to it later.
How to Complete The CSS Profile
Click below for an overview and step-by-step tutorial to complete The CSS Profile.