Cal Grant is FREE money for college awarded by the State of California. To qualify, a FAFSA or CA Dream Act application must be submitted by the deadline (March 2nd) and meet residency, financial, and minimum G.P.A. requirements.
There are 3 Cal Grants- A, B, and C. The student does not need to choose which Cal Grant to apply to. It will be determined automatically by the responses submitted on FAFSA or CA Dream Act, verified Cal Grant G.P.A. (usually submitted by the high school of attendance), and the colleges listed on your financial aid application.
What's the Difference Between the 3 Cal grants?
2. Complete Registration Form - You will need SSN and email used on FAFSA
3. After clicking "Register", you will receive an email to create a password
5. Set up Security Questions
6. Once logged in, you will verify information and you will have access to view preliminary Cal Grant (Cal Grant and School shown will be based on the first school listed on FAFSA)
- Login in using your CA Dream Act account Username and Password
2. Once logged in, you will verify information and you will have access to view preliminary Cal Grant (Cal Grant and School shown will be based on the first school listed on CADAA)
- Cal Grant A has a minimum 3.0 G.P.A requirement and Cal Grant B has a minimum 2.0 G.P.A. requirement.
- Scholarship amount will vary.
Students may receive 10%-40% of tuition and fees covered.
Students do not need to complete a separate application. If selected, student will be notified in July or August.
This money does not need to be paid back. The Chafee Grant can be used at any eligible California college or university or career or technical school, as well as schools in other states.
First-time applicants must complete and submit a Chafee Grant Application. Click below to access the application.
CSAC will award up to $4,500 per academic year to 1,667 eligible students while they have an active Cal Grant A or B award.
Students must also meet Satisfactory Academic Progress and complete any necessary verification for their Cal Grant award. Students will need to apply annually to participate in the California Dream Act Service Incentive Grant Program.